ServiceTech Training Programme - Level 2
A modular training and assessment programme to educate and qualify existing and new tool and equipment hire technicians. Successful delegates are awarded with a Level 2 NVQ qualification.
ServiceTech is aimed at new starters or those progressing their hire career who will be filling the Check & Test / Test & Run role in hire businesses. The programme is not limited to new job holders and would also benefit existing Service Technicians that have some experience who would benefit from further training and a formal qualification.
Candidates will be profiled to gauge their competence in various principles, and from this a programme of training can be delivered to suit the needs of the individual and the hire company.
The programme could include some or all of the following modules:
- Module 1: Electrical Equipment - Including basic electrical theory, combined inspection and test (PAT) procedures, test equipment use (meters / RCD testers) and basic repairs e.g. cables, switches and plugs.
- Module 2: Mechanical Equipment - Including 2 stroke and 4 stroke SI engines and single cylinder diesel (CI) Engines.
- Module 3: Non-Mechanical Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 7, covers equipment from Acrows to Tyrol Guns (inspection and maintenance).
- Module 4: Small Plant - Micro and mini excavators, tracked dumpers and forward tipping dumpers (inspection, maintenance and basic adjustments and repairs).
- Module 5: Powered Access - Covering boom and scissor lift inspection, testing and basic fault diagnosis.
- Module 6: Health and Safety - Using the industry proven one day CITB Health & Safety Awareness (HSA) or two day CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Qualification (Level 2) Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance. Assessed in the workplace this is a nationally recognised qualification for testing inspecting and carrying out basic repairs on plant and machinery.
- Module 7: Materials Hoists - Typically delivered alongside Module 3 and covers the Genie Superlift series and/or Sumner 2000 series machines.
- Module 8: Road-Tow Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 9, covers hire equipment trailer checks, maintenance and basic repairs
- Module 9: Traffic Management Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 8, covers inspection and basic repairs
- *COMING SOON* Module 10: Generators and Lighting Towers - Up to 10kVA items, checks, tests and basic repairs
- *COMING SOON* Module 11: Welding, Heating and Cutting - Using arc, TIG, MIG and gas equipment safely for basic repairs
Typically the qualification is assessed in the workplace over the first twelve months of the programme. Each training module covers specific requirements for the units to ensure technicians have the required knowledge. The assessment proves that this is put into practice against the national standard.
Summer 2019 ServiceTech Open Course Programme
- CROYDON (venue TBC) - 9, 10, 16, 17, 23 and 24 July 2019
2020 Dates and Location To Be Announced
Members needed to host ServiceTech in their workshops - FREE places available, savings of up to £900!
Learners will need to complete at least 5 modules followed by a minimum of two on-site assessments and portfolio / evidence building to gain the Level 2 qualification.
With the member discount applied HAE EHA members can expect to pay £2070 which includes: Induction and registration onto the qualification, 6 modules training, 2 NVQ assessments and certification charges. Charges will be apply to non-members.
Discounts are available for CITB registered in-scope companies thanks to CITB’s subsidised funding, please enquire for further details.
Alternatively learners who do not wish to achieve the qualification can simply choose to attend single modules and receive a certificate of attendance. The prices start at £150 per delegate per day on an open course, or we can deliver on-site for 6 to 10 delegates with a personalised quote to your requirements.
If you’d like further information on up-skilling your workforce, please contact us on 44 (0)121 380 4617 or by email email@example.com.