ServiceTech Training Programme - Level 2
ServiceTech is a modular training and assessment programme aimed at new starters or those progressing their hire career who will be filling the Check & Test / Test & Run role in hire businesses. The programme is not limited to new job holders and would also benefit existing Service Technicians that have some experience who would benefit from further training and a formal qualification.
Candidates will be profiled to gauge their competence in various principles, and from this a programme of training can be delivered to suit the needs of the individual and the hire company.
Upcoming Programmes and Dates
- MIDLANDS or NORTH OF ENGLAND Area, Host Required - June 2022 (dates to be confirmed)
Training could include some or all of the following modules:
- Module 1: Electrical Equipment - Including basic electrical theory, combined inspection and test (PAT) procedures, test equipment use (meters / RCD testers) and basic repairs e.g. cables, switches and plugs.
- Module 2: Mechanical Equipment - Including 2 stroke and 4 stroke SI engines and single cylinder diesel (CI) Engines.
- Module 3: Non-Mechanical Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 7, covers equipment from Acrows to Tyrol Guns, ladders, trestles and tower scaffold, steel and GRP coated tools (inspection and maintenance including LPG checks).
- Module 4: Small Plant - Micro and mini excavators, tracked dumpers and forward tipping dumpers (inspection, maintenance and basic adjustments and repairs).
- Module 5: Powered Access - Covering boom and scissor lift inspection, testing and basic fault diagnosis.
- Module 6: Health and Safety - Using the industry proven one day CITB Health & Safety Awareness (HSA) or two day CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Qualification (Level 2) Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance. Assessed in the workplace this is a nationally recognised qualification for testing inspecting and carrying out basic repairs on plant and machinery.
- Module 7: Materials Hoists - Typically delivered alongside Module 3 and covers the Genie Superlift series and/or Sumner 2000 series machines.
- Module 8: Road-Tow Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 9, covers hire equipment trailer checks, maintenance and basic repairs
- Module 9: Traffic Management Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 8, covers inspection and basic repairs
- Module 10: Generators and Lighting Towers - Up to 10kVA items, checks, tests and basic repairs
- Module 11: Welding, Heating and Cutting - Using arc, TIG, MIG and gas equipment safely for basic repairs
- Module 12: Climate Control, Heating, Cooling & Drying - electric (IR and fan), gas and oil heaters, basic checks and repairs
The qualification is assessed in the workplace over the first twelve months of the programme. Each training module covers specific requirements for the units to ensure technicians have the required knowledge. The assessment will look for evidence that learning is put into practice against the national standard.
- Delegates will achieve a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance (Construction)
- Delegates also receive certificates of competence for all modules attended. For Module 1 this would be a valid Electrical (PAT) Testing certificate
- Hire companies whose workshop operatives have completed the programme will gain advantages when being audited for SafeHire Certification
A full 6-day programme costs £2,070 plus VAT which includes all the training, induction and two on-site NVQ assessments required to complete the qualification. This amount can be invoiced in instalments upon request. CITB-registered companies can claim grant which would bring the overall cost down to £1020 plus VAT. See below for details.
Learners who require training but not the full qualification can take part in the modules, and receive a certificate of attendance. Prices start at £150 per delegate per day on an open course, or we can deliver on-site for between six and ten delegates with a personalised quote to your requirements. Grant is also available for CITB-registered companies in these instances.
Member Hosting Offer
- Up to £450 Short Duration Grant across 7 course modules, mix of Tier 1 and 2
- £600 Achievement Grant (claimed upon completion)
ServiceTech modules consumed individually are still eligible for Short Duration Grant when booked by CITB-registered companies. Please contact the HAE EHA Training team for more information.
If you would like further information on up-skilling your workforce, please contact us on 0121 380 4617 or by email at email@example.com.