Do One Thing for Better Mental Health
This year HAE EHA, along with the mental health charity Mind, are asking members to do one thing, or make a small change to help improve mental health.
Here are some resources to help you to Do One Thing:
- Download the Do One Thing Calendar with ideas for different things you can do each day for better mental health.
- Do one thing and tell your story to Mind. Blogs and stories can show that people with mental health problems are cared about, understood and listened to. For information on how to put your story into words visit the Mind website.
- Do one thing and discover how mental health is just like physical health: everybody has it and we need to take care of it. Watch Mind's video on creating good mental health.
- Do one thing and sign the Mental Health Charter. HAE EHA has signed up to the Building Mental Health (BMH) charter to support its own staff by embedding a wellbeing strategy for its workforce and is encouraging members to do the same. Training staff to become mental health first aiders is a way to provide discreet support for individuals and encourages them to achieve a healthy work-life balance to minimise work-related stress levels. To find out more information visit the Building Mental Health website. Organisations which register with the BMH charter will get a certificate.
- Do one thing and sign up for a two-day mental health first aid course is for those wanting to become a certified mental health first aider for their organisation. Certificate holders will be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health illnesses and effectively guide a colleague towards the right support. It is recommended an organisation has a similar number of mental health first aiders to medical first aiders, ideally a different individual providing further resilience for colleagues in the workplace. To find out more contact HAE EHA Training on 0121 380 4617, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.