ServiceTech Training Programme - Level 2
A modular training and assessment programme to educate and qualify existing and new tool and equipment hire technicians. Successful delegates are awarded with a Level 2 NVQ qualification.
ServiceTech is aimed at new starters or those progressing their hire career who will be filling the Check & Test / Test & Run role in hire businesses. The programme is not limited to new job holders and would also benefit existing Service Technicians that have some experience who would benefit from further training and a formal qualification.
Candidates will be profiled to gauge their competence in various principles, and from this a programme of training can be delivered to suit the needs of the individual and the hire company.
The programme could include some or all of the following modules:
- Module 1: Electrical Equipment - Including basic electrical theory, combined inspection and test (PAT) procedures, test equipment use (meters / RCD testers) and basic repairs e.g. cables, switches and plugs.
- Module 2: Mechanical Equipment - Including 2 stroke and 4 stroke SI engines and single cylinder diesel (CI) Engines.
- Module 3: Non-Mechanical Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 7, covers equipment from Acrows to Tyrol Guns (inspection and maintenance).
- Module 4: Small Plant - Micro and mini excavators, tracked dumpers and forward tipping dumpers (inspection, maintenance and basic adjustments and repairs).
- Module 5: Powered Access - Covering boom and scissor lift inspection, testing and basic fault diagnosis.
- Module 6: Health and Safety - Using the industry proven one day CITB Health & Safety Awareness (HSA) or two day CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Qualification (Level 2) Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance. Assessed in the workplace this is a nationally recognised qualification for testing inspecting and carrying out basic repairs on plant and machinery.
- Module 7: Materials Hoists - Typically delivered alongside Module 3 and covers the Genie Superlift series and/or Sumner 2000 series machines.
- Module 8: Road-Tow Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 9, covers hire equipment trailer checks, maintenance and basic repairs
- Module 9: Traffic Management Equipment - Typically delivered alongside Module 8, covers inspection and basic repairs
- Module 10: Generators and Lighting Towers - Up to 10kVA items, checks, tests and basic repairs
- Module 11: Welding, Heating and Cutting - Using arc, TIG, MIG and gas equipment safely for basic repairs
Typically the qualification is assessed in the workplace over the first twelve months of the programme. Each training module covers specific requirements for the units to ensure technicians have the required knowledge. The assessment proves that this is put into practice against the national standard.
Winter and Spring 2018 ServiceTech Open Course Programme
Members needed to host ServiceTech in their workshops - FREE places available, savings of up to £900!
Delegates who wish to achieve the full Level 2 NVQ Qualification will need to complete at least 5 modules, and be assessed on-site. Costs start at £2000 for the learning and assessments however upon completion CITB registered companies can claim the full £2525 in funding per delegate.
Alternatively delegates who do not wish to achieve the full qualification can simply choose to attend one or several modules and receive a certificate of attendance.
The price is £150 per delegate per day on the open courses, or we can deliver on-site for prices starting at £750 per day (between 6 and 10 delegates).
If you’d like further information on up-skilling your workforce, please contact us on 44 (0)121 380 4617 or by email email@example.com.